Project Engineer IV - Relocate to Cranberry, PA
Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Description: About FedEx Supply Chain--- FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com. -- We Have---
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world---s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more! General Summary---. FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for a Sr. Solution Design Engineer-IV. --Location would be at our corporate office in Cranberry Township, PA. --This position is responsible for designing and implementing new facilities, providing assistance to our new business development team for top line growth, analyzing and improving current work processes and layouts, and measuring and documenting best practices. This Position Will Be Responsible For---..
- Analyze data and compile results to support warehouse design.
- Analysis of complex problems and synthesis of solutions and demonstrates excellent judgment in technical trade-offs, analyses, and presents clear ROIs.
- Design and implement new facilities including storage and material handling equipment, capital purchases, process design, and labor models.
- Manage the technical side of projects through the entire project life cycle to achieve on-time and on-budget performance. This includes commissioning of the facility design and ultimate hand-off to operations.
- Support solution design team on design, costing, and presentations to potential customers.
- Support Manager of Project Engineering to prioritize and plan new project requests.
- Presents analyses and solutions to customers and other team members.
- Develop tools/processes to support operations (ex\: labor planning).
- Review existing operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams and AutoCAD.
- Review order volume and storage volume data to support operational decisions.
- Communicate with hourly and salaried facility personnel to support above efforts. Qualification: You might be a great fit if---
- Bachelor degree in industrial engineering or related field with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Word and Access skills is required.----
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Fluency with use and development of layouts using AutoCAD is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Lean Green/Black belt preferred
- Combination of office and on-site work with the ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the United States and Canada (additional international travel may also be required) Referrals--- If this isn---t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the--"Share"--icon below or have them apply online by clicking--here--and searching our openings. EOE AA Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Disabled. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Pawtucket , Project Engineer IV - Relocate to Cranberry, PA, Professions , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!