Certified Medication Aide
Company: Pawtucket Falls Healthcare Center
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Pawtucket Falls Healthcare Center - Bestcare Healthcare
Services/Pawtucket Falls Healthcare Center seeking experienced
Certified Medication Aide.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF Certified Medication Aide:
- The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the
administering of medications to residents as ordered by the
attending physician, under the direction of the attending
physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director
of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in
accordance with established nursing standards, the policies,
procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS OF Certified Medication Aide: All
qualified applicants MUST have the following:
- High School Diploma OR GED.
- Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide having
successfully completed a state approved training program and any
necessary examination(s) in accordance with laws of this State.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES OF Certified Medication Aide: All qualified
applicants should possess the following qualities:
- Follow the policies and procedures of the facility governing
the administering of medications to residents.
- Note and report errors in the administration of
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures or programs of
the facility that seek to determine what medication errors are
taking place, when, where, and why they occur, and how they can be
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing
necessary forms, charts, reports, etc., and submit these as may be
- Maintain a friendly, productive, working relationship with
other members of the department of nursing, attending physicians,
the Medical Director, and pharmacists.
- Report any complaints or grievances made by residents to the
Director of Nursing Services.
- Participate and cooperate with any facility surveys
(inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested
by the Administrator or Director of Nursing Services.
- Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for
accessing resident/facility information and promptly report
suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the
- Agree not to disclose resident's protected health information
and promptly report suspected or known violations of such
disclosure to the Administrator.
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access
facility's information system.
- Participate in Quality Assurance programs, the Pharmaceutical
Services Committee, and any other facility committee or program
that affects the medication pass and seeks to improve the
performance and accuracy of the medication process.
- Attend and participate in care plan meetings as
- Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the
oral and/or topical medications that are commonly used in this
facility and that may be ordered for resident use by the attending
physician or the Medical Director.
- Verify that any medications brought into the facility by a
newly admitted resident are examined and identified by the
attending physician or the facility pharmacy or
- Follow the labeling policies and practices of the
- Ensure that all medications administered are properly
- Assist with medication charting as directed by the Nurse
- Follow facility procedures in regard to charting of
- Follow facility policies and procedures regarding the
destroying of medications; assist in carrying out these rules under
the direction of the facility pharmacist or Director of Nursing
Services, including the documentation requirements.
- Assist in documenting and removing medications that are
discontinued by the attending physician.
- Follow facility procedures governing drug receipt errors,
including notifying the delivery source and the Director of Nursing
- Ensure that medication is returned and reordered except
- Ensure that documentation of the drug receipt error includes a
written error report, signed by an observer/witness and
- Follow facility procedures in holding medications for residents
who are transferred from the facility or when the attending
physician discontinues medications.
- Accurately measure, record, and report the vital signs of
- Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied as
directed. Document any instance where prescribed medication is not
administered, including reason(s) for refusal.
- Promptly notify the Charge Nurse, Nurse Supervisor, or Director
of Nursing Services of any errors or reactions to medications by
- Follow the medication card practices of the facility.
- Ensure that no medication is administered without a written,
signed, dated order from an attending licensed physician.
- Follow the facility procedure for recording the order in the
resident's clinical record, including the type, route, dosage,
frequency and strength of each medication.
- Verify the identity of the resident before administering the
- Follow the facility's procedures allowing residents to
self-administer his or her medications.
- Assist the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse in monitoring and
documenting all aspects of such self-administering.
- Promptly notify the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse of any
failure of a resident to properly take any "self-administered"
- Follow established guidelines concerning the storage of drugs
- Be familiar with the meaning and usage of common medical
abbreviations, symbols, and terms relative to the administration of
medications as used by the facility, pharmacists, and
- Participate in the development and implementation of the
resident's comprehensive assessment as necessary.
As a Pawtucket Falls Healthcare Center CMA you will enjoy working
in an environment that promotes professional growth and development
that offers competitive wages and PTO plans. Other benefit options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance and disability plan options
Job Types: Full-time and part-time positions available
Keywords: Pawtucket Falls Healthcare Center, Pawtucket , Certified Medication Aide, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...