Senior Technical Services Engineer, ETP
Company: Teknor Apex
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for providing technical support to sales
representatives and customers related to plastic material,
specifically in making material recommendations and problem solving
process optimization. Travel to customer’s facility also
The TSE will be responsible for maintaining and growing
relationships with key customers. This involves being
proactive and reactive to customer needs. Proactive duties
involve helping customers with optimizing part and mold design
based on material selections, and assisting customers with
Moldflow’s, FEA’s and design reviews to achieve optimal product
design. Reactive duties are essential for technical
service. This involves solving the customer issues
effectively and efficiently to prevent customer downtime and
scrap. The ability to use CAE programs and lab testing is
essential for helping customers solve production issues.
- Assist customers with process optimizations, product sampling
- Expert in optimizing injection molding processes using
- Knowledge in FEA (Finite Element Analysis).
- Responsible for characterizing Moldflow & FEA data for new ETP
- Able to analyze Moldflow results and create reports to present
- Knowledge in plastic part design and mold design.
- Proficient in polymer testing and failure analysis to help
solve customer issues.
- Assist customers with preliminary part and mold design
concepts. Attend customer part design reviews if necessary and make
recommendations as needed.
- Strong knowledge in PA materials is preferred but not
- Collaborate closely with the commercial team to maintain and
grow business with key customers.
- Experience in creating and presenting technical presentations
to customers and engineers.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) for troubleshooting
and process optimization.
- Six Sigma experience is preferred but not essential.
- Adept at answering technical questions from customers regarding
materials physical properties and product requirements as well as
processing machine setup, process optimization.
- Enters technical service jobs, analyzes data, forms
recommendations based on data.
- Reviews completed technical service jobs, color matches, and
- Visits customer facility to help run material and help with
troubleshooting both proactively and as needed.
- Ability to solve customer problems in a variety of new
processes and designs that are contrary to conventional
- Ensures Company safety procedures are being adhered to.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as
- Work requires the application of a variety of procedures,
policies, and/or precedents used in combination. Frequently, the
application of multiple, technical activities are employed; thus,
analytic ability and inductive thinking are required.
Education and/or Work Experience
- Position requires between 4-6 years of related engineering
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in a field of study
such as chemistry, science, or engineering.
Keywords: Teknor Apex, Pawtucket , Senior Technical Services Engineer, ETP, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!