New Business Development Manager, TPE
Company: Teknor Apex Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Consolidate global market & product intelligence. Analyze
market trends and needs in the context of the NBD and translate
into opportunities for product and application development.
- Validate new technologies and refine market potentials
according to market intelligence & customer feedback.
- Develop marketing plans for NBD programs and implement them in
conjunction with team
- Use in-depth analytical competencies and business experience to
perform analyses of the competitive forces as well as strengths &
weaknesses of TAC's new and existing products.
- Identify and select potential collaborators (internal as well
as external) for the development of new products, applications or
- Effectively lead new business development programs and
cross-functional teams using the CTC process, interfacing globally
with sales, technology, manufacturing, regulatory and supply chain
to ensure a rapid and timely development and implementation of NBD
- Develop data driven understanding and assessment of the
markets, customers and competitors in order to evaluate a NBD
- Design promotional materials (product literature, application
literature, datasheets, samples etc.) to support the
commercialization of new technology.
- Develop sales training tools and train the sales force to
successfully launch new products and translate success to other
customers in line with the strategy.
- Travel 25-40% globally to key collaborators including
customers, suppliers, and/or other value chain members in
designated target markets.
- Select and lead CTC programs and lead related cross-functional
teams to increase commercial sales of new products, applications
and/or technologies for the TPE division
- Ensure that new programs are consistent with overall TPE
- Position has no budget responsibilities, revenue
responsibilities up to $20,000,000, globally.
- Position requires 8-10 years of progressive new business
development, market development, and/or marketing, managing new
product/technology/application development efforts, from concept
through commercialization, within the polymer industry
- B.S Degree in engineering or related technical field with a
background in thermoplastics
- Creative & imaginative thinking along with analytic ability and
inductive thinking are required to devise new methods in situations
where previously accepted methods and solutions have proven
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability
to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and
- Expert understanding of service and product, and ability to
innovate new ways the product can serve customers
- Able to drive results and have an "added value" focus,
contributing to the goals and the profitability of the company by
getting the right things done in the right time against the lowest
- Openness and willingness to learn and eagerness to discover the
unknown while not being afraid to challenge long standing beliefs,
even if this means going against the crowd.
- Adaptability and facilitating change, quickly comfortable in
new circumstances, constructively discussing the need and manner of
change, supporting decisions taken.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate
cross-culturally and at multiple level of the organization, both
internally and externally, and, communicate messages in a clear way
that does not leave room for ambiguous interpretation.
- Business acumen and adept at building relationships and is able
to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent negotiation skills are needed for success.
- Is able to exert influence through persuasion, personal
credibility and convincing arguments
- Ability to mobilize resources and engender a collaborative
effort and drive towards achieving results; strong customer focus
with an ability to interact with multiple functions levels
- Team player, willing to strive together to realize solutions in
a challenging team setting and achieve division objectives, and, to
assume leadership role of CTC cross-functional teams
- Has the ability to perform in a decision making process, both
strategically and tactically.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of thermoplastic compounding and
understanding of converting technologies like injection molding,
and extrusion, along with conceptual and working knowledge of
physical and analytical testing methodologies and their
relationship to material performance and property attributes.
- This is a field based position with regular travel to our
corporate office and customer sites.
This description is a summary of principal responsibilities and
is not intended to include all duties that may be assigned.
Keywords: Teknor Apex Company, Pawtucket , New Business Development Manager, TPE, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!