Business Unit Finance Manager, ETP
Company: Teknor Apex Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a member of the Business Finance team this position is
responsible for financial and strategic planning, business
performance, process improvement, and investment analysis. The
position actively participates in both the strategic and
operational management of the ETP business unit(s). The role is
expected to function as a trusted Finance Business Partner for the
business unit leader serving as an active member of the business
unit leadership team while demonstrating Teknor Apex Company values
adhering to the highest level of ethical standards. As an
experienced member of the team the position will be called upon to
lead and/or fully support projects and initiatives both of a
business and/or corporate nature as determined by the Global
- Functions as the Finance Leader of the business unit(s)
management team. Serves as the liaison to specialized knowledge and
policies within the corporate Finance department such as shared
service accounting, tax, treasury, and credit.
- Evaluates the financial performance of the assigned business
unit(s) including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash
Flow. Communicates results providing business insight. Drives
action plans with appropriate business and operational management.
Establishes key performance indicators to monitor progress.
- Provides both short and longer term forecasts and commentary as
requested by the business and/or the Global Finance Director.
Anticipates and communicates material changes in the outlook for
- Evaluates the financial attractiveness of business
opportunities and provides decision support analysis for all areas
of the business. Develops a strong understanding of both internal
and external business dynamics, competitive environment, and value
drivers. Provides both routine and ad-hoc sales analyses which may
include pricing, profit and value by customer, market segment,
product line, geographic region, and distribution channel.
- Plays a lead role in the business unit(s) annual and strategic
planning process developing operating and capital plans with a
focus on sustainable long term value creation. Along with select
members of the business unit leadership team(s), presents plans and
performance updates to the Senior Executive Team (SET) at least
twice per year. Works with business unit team members to establish
appropriate business objectives and action plans. Leads and/or
fully supports cross functional teams providing situational
leadership for both tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluates investment opportunities providing financial analyses
for capital appropriation requests (CAR) and new product
development projects (CTC).
- Assists in acquisition and divestiture analysis and evaluations
as required. Assists in developing recommendations involving
integration of new businesses into the current organization,
including systems design as well as organizational efficiency.
- Collaborates with other team members, the Global Finance
Director and, at times, the CFO to evaluate best practice financial
management tools, techniques, and approaches driving implementation
- Actively develops and mentors direct report(s). Coaches for
- Fully supports compliance and risk management programs and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience in finance, accounting,
consultancy or a related field
- Demonstrated track record of achievement with increasing levels
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience with large scale ERP systems and Business
- Experience with Infor M3, IBM Cognos Analytics, and SAP
Business Planning & Consolidation a plus.
- International financial management experience preferred
- M&A experience preferred
- Experience with advanced financial modeling and predictive
- Bachelors' degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CFA or similarly recognized professional credential a
- Unequivocal ethical conduct and excellent business
- An ability to thrive in a highly matrixed organization
effectively managing priorities, influencing decisions and
achieving successful outcomes
- A proactive, highly analytical mind-set with a passion for
- Excellent financial acumen and communication skills
- A strong understanding of investment analysis and value
- Strong knowledge of the business and the business environment,
including products, competition and market forces to enable him/her
to be a key contributor in the development of business
- Innovative, creative, big-picture thinking
- Attention to detail with a strong sense for materiality
- Ability to learn and implement new software, systems, and tools
to aid in the financial management of the business and improve
effectiveness over time
Keywords: Teknor Apex Company, Pawtucket , Business Unit Finance Manager, ETP, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!