Director, Inventory Control
Company: Teknor Apex Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Director, Inventory Control is a crucial position in the
organization that is responsible for directing the company's
inventory control and inventory record accuracy programs that
include the execution of inventory management strategy. This
position is responsible for overseeing all shipping and receiving
operations. The Director, Inventory Control responsibilities
include managing, controlling and monitoring the activities related
to inventory management in support of Business Unit strategy.
This position must interact with employees involved in various
functions like material planning, warehousing, inventory control,
master scheduling, receiving and shipping, etc., ensuring
compliance with all the needs of the internal as well as external
customers in support of the BUs strategy.
- Direct and manage the tasks related to inventory
- Accountable for coordinating and planning the production
control, inventory management, scheduling and material planning for
the organization's BUs.
- Manage and oversee the Demand Planning team, responsible for
S&OP facilitation, F/C control, and execution.
- Manage the inventory levels for finished goods and collaborate
with Buyer/Planners on inventory levels of raw materials. Must
verify, track and report on inventory.
- Coordinate and direct the activities related with keeping
accurate records on outgoing shipments and preparing the items so
that they can be shipped.
- Use discretion and independent judgment for directing the
activities of inventory matters.
- Provide the necessary leadership that is associated with
building as well as maintaining a strong inventory management
workforce aligned with BU strategy
- Execute the strategic inventory plan and to manage and
supervise the processes developed by the material management
department to align with the corporate objectives
- Lead the organization's inventory related teams and provide
leadership for training and development of departmental
- Maintain inventory as required by the sales and operations
planning process, customer requirements, production schedules and
corporate inventory management objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of computers with some certification in the relevant
technical field will prove to be helpful
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience is a plus
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent experience, is
required, along with a commitment to ongoing professional
- Professional designations, such as APICS certifications in
Purchasing or Supply Chain Management are a plus.
- Position has responsibility and authority for the direction of
Demand Planning professionals in the organization.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on
Keywords: Teknor Apex Company, Pawtucket , Director, Inventory Control, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!