Account Manager- Remote
Company: coronis health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Manager, RCM Accounts
Supervisor: Director of RCM
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
In the role of Manager, RCM Accounts you will be part of a team
of dynamic leaders at Coronis Health, LLC , a company dedicated to
the successful revenue management of Federally Qualified Health
Center's (FQHC's). The Account Manager is a leader and member of
our Revenue Cycle Team and is responsible for maximizing the
collection of medical services payments from individual clients,
vendors and providers. Success will be measured, in part, by a
reduction in claims denials and an increase in reimbursements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Account Manager Responsibilities
- Acting as liaison between Billing Clients and Operations Team,
assuring normalized and proficient information exchange.
- Receipt of charges and payments by Data Entry in accordance
with expectations (e.g., daily, twice weekly depending on the
- Interfacing daily with internal Departments (including The
Operations Team), regarding billing operational issues which cannot
be resolved independently.
- Interfacing daily with Billing Client inquiries / concerns such
o Reporting requests, financial questions, reviewing patient
accounts, providing guidance and direction as needed.
o Quality concerns, issues and/or errors identified that were
performed by The Operations/Support Team(s).
- Escalating the reoccurrence of Operations or Support issues and
errors to the Operations & Support Supervisor.
- Monitoring the progression of charges and payments throughout
the month, keeping on track per client stats, through client
communication, training and supervision.
- Overseeing all denied claims; acting as liaison between Clients
and The Operations Team, primarily for information exchange but
also to seek avoidable trends.
- Maintaining and recording weekly conference call logs between
Coronis and Clinic Management (C-level in attendance or copied on
notes via email), to address unresolved operational issues and
concerns which are negatively impacting the maintenance of
normalized cash flow; proposing processes and policies to improve
multiple work flows. Responsible for inbound patient and client
- Working with The Operations Team and Billing Clients to reach
the company's goal of closing each month by the 5th business
- Preparing multiple month-end reports; entering monthly
financial data and accounts receivable data into multiple
- Identifying accounts receivable factors that contribute to the
age/days of the A/R and working to resolve such items.
- Participating in Monthly Presentation (WebEx) Meetings
presented by Coronis Revenue Cycle Director, taking notes and
ownership of appropriate follow-up items.
- Assisting The Revenue Cycle Director with preparation of the
Monthly Presentation by providing successes and challenges for the
month, answering questions, etc.
Account Manager Responsibilities (in addition to
responsibilities listed above) Acting as a resource to other team
members (first line of questions).
- Participating in new hire training.
- Assisting in the oversight of other accounts within the team,
providing assistance in identifying and resolving AR issues and
concerns, ensuring the team is meeting goals. Providing back-up to
accounts due to PTO and leaves.
- Developing expertise in multiple PM systems.
- Identifying areas for improved processing, staffing and team
work load distribution, along with the guidance of Team Lead.
- Providing other back-up assistance for Team Lead, as
- Providing limited supervision to The Operations, Account
Associates and RCM Support staff, through motivation, direction,
review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- Supervising in both their work assignments and performance
development. Account Managers are supervised by and report to their
specific Team Lead.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complying with HIPAA policies, practices and procedures.
- Participating in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals. Providing leadership to others through example
and sharing of knowledge/skill. Performing other duties as
- Maintaining and documenting rules, procedures and instructions
for each Billing Client for all areas (Account Manager tasks,
Support staff tasks, Operations staff tasks, client policies,
Summary of Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or
technical school and 3+ years' experience in healthcare billing and
direct client interaction required; may be substituted with
equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical Billing
(and/or Coding) Certificate preferred.
In prior Account Manager role, candidates must demonstrate:
- Proven ability to work independently requiring minimal
supervision and direction.
- Effective communication with clients and operations team.
- Positive relationships with clients, operations and internal
- Effectively communicating issues and concerns to team lead,
including quantifying issues and identifying effective
- Effectively managing processes, including the timely resolution
of exceptions, with minimal backlog.
- AR results consistently meeting targets and/or an ability to
identify, quantify and address stressors independently.
- Minimal adverse account incidents ( credits, client
escalations, major re-work projects). Effectively prioritizing work
and client needs
- An increased responsibility (increased numbers of accounts
and/or encounter management).
- A desire to learn and create effective processes.
- Supporting PMG's efforts of process improvement and developing
- Proficient communicator, both verbally, interpersonally and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments;
handle multiple, simultaneous, competing projects.
- Ability to perform intermediate math.
- Capable of dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledgeable of keyboarding and Windows Office products (e.g.
Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), as well as understanding Medical
- Bilingual -English/Spanish - a plus.
It is the policy of Coronis to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, PMG will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: coronis health, Pawtucket , Account Manager- Remote, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!