Pharmacy Intern - Pawtucket
Company: Stop and Shop
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you a third-year pharmacy student and looking to gain
experience over the summer? Did you know Stop and Shop has
pharmacies? Yes, our pharmacies fill prescriptions, but we do much
more than that. By providing expert advice, medication, therapy
management services and immunizations, our pharmacy teams are
making a positive impact on the health and wellness of our
customers. If you enjoy helping others on their journey to better
health, then consider joining our team as a Pharmacy Intern. If you
take pride in helping our customers feel and live well this is the
role for you. Come see what Stop and Shop has to offer, we are much
more than a grocery store, we are a community, colleague and
customer driven company who takes pride in all we do.
In this role you will:
- Learn to provide the best patient experience through assisting
the pharmacist and pharmacy team members in accordance with state
and federal regulations.
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice
of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
Review and comply with the Stop & Shop Co. Pharmacy policies &
- Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in
delivering patient care and services that are within the state
scope of practice for pharmacy interns including patient counseling
and other health services (i.e., immunizations, medication therapy
- Be Responsible for using pharmacy dispensing software to obtain
patient and drug information and process prescriptions.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales
in point of sale /cash register, collects and handles cash as
required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention
of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory
management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking,
cycle counting, and storing of pharmaceuticals.
- Assists with Pharmacy Department to ensure it is well stocked,
neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Model and deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Performs duties as assigned and supervised by the pharmacist in
accordance with Stop & Shop standard operating procedures for
entering, third party processing, filling, and dispensing
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Complete special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
What you bring to this role:
Exceptional Customer Experience
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and helping
with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers
questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver an outstanding customer experience including
Stop & Shop service objectives proactively, identifying needs,
- Develops strong relationships with customers.
Keywords: Stop and Shop, Pawtucket , Pharmacy Intern - Pawtucket, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!