Office Coordinator - Pawtucket Outpatient - 40 hours
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Oversee and perform all activities associated with the
outpatient registration service and scheduling of outpatients
including supporting all other front office staff. Coordinate the
complete demographic and insurance intake, computerized
registration, scheduling of patients and verifying the individual's
insurance coverage with a customer service oriented approach.
Orient patients to the center and coordinate additional patient
services as needed. Demonstrate evidence of advanced operational
knowledge, teaching and professional involvement, and outpatient
center marketing and community involvement for Advanced Patient
Service Representative role.
- Support is provided to other center team members by answering
phones, assisting customers, and fulfilling any cross trained
- Support is provided to other staff to ensure effective
orientation and continuous development to achieve performance
- Scheduling status is maintained daily and potential problems
are addressed with corrective actions.
- Patient pre-registration, registration, insurance verification,
and scheduling are completed per center standards.
- Patients are greeted, assisted and appropriate staff notified
of patient arrival.
- Administrative duties such as answering the phone, confirming
appointments, supporting insurance requirements processes,
photocopying, typing, faxing, inventory of supplies, sorting mail
and handling other administrative duties are completed per center
- Medical record setup, maintenance, and discharge are completed
per center guidelines in a timely manner.
- Monthly patient satisfaction questionnaires are processed for
current patients according to center standards.
- Customer service delivery is carried out to achieve stated
- Insurance approvals and documentation are recorded in the
medical record and computer system in accordance with center
- Therapy charges are entered and reconciled as assigned.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
High school graduate required. Associate's degree preferred.
- Two years experience in a medical/physicians office setting
and/or experience with insurance benefits preferred.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Pawtucket , Office Coordinator - Pawtucket Outpatient - 40 hours, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!