Postal Mail Carrier
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Postal Mail Carrier:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Mail Carrier is responsible for sorting mail of all classes
in delivery sequence for the assigned area or route.
- The Mail Carrier manages undeliverable mail according to postal
regulations and laws.
- The Mail Carrier delivers mail to businesses and residences on
an assigned route.
- The Mail Carrier retrieves mail from relay boxes and customer
roadside boxes as needed.
- The Mail Carrier tracks deliveries as instructed using a
portable electronic scanner.
- The Mail Carrier is responsible for delivering and collecting
monies and receipts for custom fees, postage-due and C.O.D
- The Mail Carrier is responsible for returning to the post
office any mail collected during the assigned route.
- The Mail Carrier provides customers with change of address and
other postal forms as required, as well as general postal
- The Mail Carrier may perform general clerical duties.
- The Mail Carrier must maintain clean, neat, and professional
appearance which includes wearing the approved uniform.
Responsible for collecting and delivering mail by vehicle or on
foot in an assigned area or route; maintaining effective public
relations with customers; possessing a basic understanding of
common postal regulations, laws, products and services; and having
a general familiarity of geography in the assigned area.
Must be 18 years old or 16 years old with high school diploma.
Must be US citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American
Samoa or other US territory.
Ability to pass criminal background check, drug screening, and
Must have valid state's driver's license, safe driving record, and
at least two years of driving experience.
Must be registered with Selective Service (if applicable).
Up to $25.50 per hour paid bi-weekly
Candidates must successfully complete and receive a pass rating of
the Virtual Entry Assessment - MC (474) for Mail Carriers. When the
candidate is invited to take the assessment, directions will be
provided via email.
The Postal Inspection Service conducts a criminal background check
by utilizing United States information and data resources only
(FBI, fingerprint check, state and county checks). The
investigation covers a 5 years inquiry for any location where the
candidate lived, was employed, or went to school within the US or
Candidates are required to be physically able to perform the duties
of the position in an efficient manner with or without reasonable
accommodation. Duties may include long periods of standing,
walking, bending and reaching. Candidates may also handle mail
containers weighing up to the maximum allowable mailing weight.
Keywords: USPH, Pawtucket , Postal Mail Carrier, Other , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!