Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to
fabricate or repair trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
* Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes to
* Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and
repair of trucks.
* Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas
welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety
* Conducts safety checks on trucks.
* Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program, documenting parts usage, and accounting for
* Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
* Performs service calls for truck repair.
* Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming,
beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
* Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
* Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
* Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and
* Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and
* Performs other maintenance related work as required.
* Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety
* No supervisory responsibilities required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
* Education and Experience
* Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
* Experience: 2 years or relevant work experience.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
* Required: Valid driver's license.
* Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Basic skills in welding techniques.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
* Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site
and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, company pension, and more! Our employees also
receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note
that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking
for, please click "Apply."