Posted on: November 17, 2019
ApTask Job Title: Java Lead
Duration: Long Term Contract / Full Time Permanent
Location: Boston, MA & Marlborough, MA
Job Roles / Responsibilities:
- As a senior member in the Portfolio Services Technology team,
the Senior Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the stability,
reliability, and data quality of Wellington's proprietary
Investment Book of Record (IBOR) platform.
- The IBOR is a critical tier-1 platform providing real-time
portfolio information that is essential for investment analysis,
decision-making and guideline monitoring.
- In this role, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for
solving complex business problems and collaborating with other team
members to deliver value to our business.
- To succeed in this role, the Senior Analyst must be a
self-starter with the ability to work effectively under pressure
and balance multiple priorities.
- As the position will require a high level of direct interaction
with business users and IT stakeholders, excellent communication
and delivery skills are required.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT
professional to join a strong, collaborative team in a critical
- Address support issues, data quality exceptions, and ad hoc
queries requiring detailed data analysis in a timely
- Build a strong partnership with the delivery team (including
development and analysis) and the Portfolio Services business team
to ensure ongoing systems stability and data quality, and
- Ensure a high quality product by enforcing high standards in
testing and developing automated data quality controls
- Review and document current support procedures to be used for
training and reference purposes by the broader support
- Review current procedures and identify opportunities for
improvement that reduce systems downtime and automate any
unnecessary manual support processes
- Document, track, and research production issues and work with
appropriate teams on the resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics,
Finance or related subject
- Java / J2EE, Restful Web service, Apache Ignite, AWS, SQL,
Assets and wealth management exp.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high
attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business partners
to understand their needs and deliver solutions
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous
- Familiarity with financial instruments including equity, fixed
income, and derivatives
- Ability to learn advanced investment data concepts
- Ability to multi-task, and manage competing priorities
- Excellent data skills with hands-on knowledge of SQL
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a
team in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
Keywords: ApTask, Pawtucket , Java lead, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!