Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 20, 2023
- Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological
transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group
designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful
and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its
three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop
access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish
them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants
with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly
48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste.
Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated
revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. Job DescriptionPOSITION
PURPOSEPerforms a variety of chemical, biological, and physical
tests required for research, development or quality control.
Compiles data for reports. Responsible for performing routine tasks
and analyses on samples in accordance with company and regulatory
requirements. May perform specialized analysis under the direction
of a Chemist to support applied quality assurance and control
procedures. Maintains the laboratory as directed for compliance
with company hygiene plans. Assists in special studies in the
laboratory and possibly in the field. PRIMARY DUTIES /
- Conduct all login procedures, both manual and electronic, of
samples delivered to the laboratory, ensuring proper labeling and
- Sub-sample a variety of materials, process and product samples
and follow proper analytical methods required for compliance in
accordance with established guidelines and training.
- Records and computes results from test data and maintains
quality control records and charts as assigned. Performs
quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine chemical and
physical properties of experimental and developmental materials and
may also conduct QA/QC sample analysis and calibrations.
- Ensure proper written and electronic documentation of all test
results including QA/QC and audits sample documents prior to
approval and completeness of summarizing data. Notifies appropriate
supervision or staff member of completed analysis.
- Prepare reagent/chemical solutions, standards and other
laboratory solutions as directed by supervisor or lead technician
per guidance and training.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of chemical stores.
Collects and logs all Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) documents
for chemical stores.
- Maintains and distributes as necessary, current Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP's) for applicable methods. Informs
Laboratory Supervisory immediately of any personnel, equipment,
instrument and material problems and SOP or methodology deviations.
Responds to and documents any necessary corrective action.
- Perform periodic audits of analytical logs and data to ensure
regulatory compliance for completeness and accuracy.
- Sets up equipment and instrumentation required for tests,
research, or process control. Cleans and makes minor repairs on
laboratory apparatus and equipment and ensures a high standard of
housekeeping, quality control and safety.
- May also label lab waste containers and properly dispose of lab
waste per established guidelines.
- May assist in other areas or with special projects directed.
WORK ENVIRONMENTSpends 100% of the time in a lab or operations
environment. Typically spends 10 - 20% of time exposed to outdoor
and sometimes inclement weather. Company service vehicles are used
as required. Possible Work Hazards: May be exposed to possible
operations hazards including fumes, airborne particles, and noise,
rotating machinery, high pressure, hot and cold temperatures,
slippery surfaces, water and electrical hazards. Frequently exposed
to toxic and caustic chemicalsQualificationsEducation / Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent, with coursework in
qualitative and quantitative Chemistry or biology preferred.
- Zero to two years experience in a related position in a similar
environment with ability to use laboratory apparatus and equipment
to perform accurate, repeatable work and to define problems,
collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.Knowledge
/ Skills / Abilities
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Exposure to computerized lab equipment and related systems
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and procedures and to
quickly develop proficiency in the care and use of all site
specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment),
including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment,
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and
willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skillsRequired
Certification / Licenses / Training
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record
if performing field work.
- Employee Orientation, Departmental Operating Procedures,
Safety, OSHA and Quality Training.
- Learns to perform more complex tests and analysis. Applicable
technical training as required.
- Stays abreast of new technology, water treatment and separation
methods, procedures and regulations infield by reading business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
Level I and II First Responder Certification if required at
- Must meet minimum qualifications established by regulatory
agencies if working in a NELAC or State Certified Lab.
- Chemical Hygiene Training
- May perform more advanced functions as part of training and
development.Physical Requirements Amount of time spent - Standing
50-75%, Sitting 25%, Walking 25%.Requires close visual and hearing
observation. Taste and smell may be required for some
tests.Constantly uses hands to finger, handle or feel and
frequently reaches with hands and arms. Must be able to lift and
carry 50 pounds distances of 10 feet. May lift up to 50-100 pounds
on occasion. Occasional stooping, bending or kneeling, crouching,
crawling, climbing, balancing and entering confined spaces. Close,
distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability
to adjust focus are special requirements.Personal Protective
Equipment RequiredSafety Glasses: ContinuouslyGloves:
ContinuouslyHard Hat: OccasionallyClothing/Coveralls (Tyvek, Poly
Coated Tyvek, etc.): ContinuouslyHearing Protection:
OccasionallyRespirator (Full Face): FrequentlySteel-toed boots:
OccasionallyPowered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR): NAApron:
OccasionallySelf-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA): NAAdditional
InformationVeolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid
time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance.
In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an
employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and
benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their
collective bargaining agreement. A subsidiary of Veolia group,
Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste
and energy management services, including water and wastewater
treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal,
energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial,
industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers
throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia
North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than
350 locations across the continent. As an inclusive company, Veolia
is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all
applications, without discrimination. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.Como empresa inclusiva, Veolia est--
comprometida con la diversidad y valora todas las solicitudes sin
discriminaci--n.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Pawtucket , Lab Tech, Healthcare , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!