Director of Finance & Operations
Company: RI SOCIETY OF CPA'S
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Log in to access members-only content, manage your profile, or
register for courses.Searching for the right candidate? We can
help.Our job ads are a great, cost-effective way to get the word
out and engage with an audience of CPA/Accounting/Financial
professionals. Position: Director of Finance & Operations
Company/Firm: St. Mary Academy-Bay View Address: 3070 Pawtucket
Riverside, RI 02915 Description: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND
St. Mary Academy - Bay View
A direct report to the President of the Academy, the Director of
Finance and Operations is the Chief Financial Officer of the school
and oversees all aspects of finance, human resources, and the
physical plant. The Director is a member of the Senior
Administrative Team and supports the Finance and Buildings and
Grounds Committees of the Board, prepares and oversees the annual
audit, and provides strategic and managerial oversight of the
Business Office. The Director of Finance and Operations will be
committed to the school's mission of educating girls and young
women. Strong finance, accounting, organizational, analytical,
business and interpersonal skills are required for this 12- month
exempt administrative position.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee and manage all Business Office operations including
budgeting and accounting, financial analysis, payroll, human
resources, financial aid, and risk management.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable accounting procedures and
- Prepare and oversee the annual audit
- Oversee the collection of all tuition to ensure that families do
not fall behind in payments.
- Prepare monthly cash projections and financial statements
- In conjunction with the President, prepare and submit for
approval the school's annual operating budget, prepare monthly
department budgets, and project year-end variances.
- Assure the school is in compliance with all laws and regulations
that govern its programs and operations.
- Oversee all contracts and contracted services to ensure accuracy,
compliance, and terms.
- Serve as a liaison to the Board's Finance and Buildings and
- Maintain and update annually the Personnel and Policy Employee
Handbook ensuring that policies conform to state and federal
- Oversee purchasing, payments, debt, financial investments,
banking, payroll, and benefits.
- In conjunction with the Head of Facilities, oversee compliance
with building codes, safety regulations, insurance requirements,
and risk assessment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government regulations, policies,
and related issues that may impact the school now or in the
CPA, or Master's degree in Finance preferred.
5+ years' experience in an independent school.
Proficient in Excel, Word, and automated general ledger. QuickBooks
experience a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to working
collaboratively on an administrative team.
St. Mary Academy - Bay View is an all-girl independent Catholic
school serving a diverse population of girls from pre-school
through grade twelve and is located in Riverside, Rhode Island. A
sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, St.
Mary Academy - Bay View fosters academic excellence in an
innovative and creative learning environment while striving to
empower each student to be a confident, independent, compassionate
and socially conscious faith filled young woman.
How to Apply: Potential candidates must send a statement of
interest and resume to Sister Marybeth Beretta, President, at
President.firstname.lastname@example.org and go to
download the "Non-Teaching Application."
Keywords: RI SOCIETY OF CPA'S, Pawtucket , Director of Finance & Operations, Executive , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!