Chief Operating Officer
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The COMPANY is hiring a Chief Operating Officer. This position
supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to
strengthening community through youth development, healthy living
and social responsibility. The COO ensures successful operation of
up to five branches of the COMPANY of Pawtucket, including
membership, program development, volunteer recruitment, staff
supervision, community relations, collaborations, properties,
budgeting and financial results. The incumbent will be responsible
for the operational growth of the Association through the
following: program expansion, member recruitment and retention,
pricing strategies, new site development, expense controls and
effective resource management. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises branch executive directors to assure sound
operations. Provides leadership and direction to the branches by
coaching branch executives and by providing overall direction to
the branch boards and volunteers. Models relationship-building
skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the
- Monitors monthly financial reports to assure that revenue
targets are met and expenses are controlled.
- Identifies potential areas for branch cooperative programming
to accomplish COMPANY goals, and works with staff groups to develop
and implement programs. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop
member-focused programs and leads branch staff in the planning,
development and implementation of new program initiatives and
- Designs, implements systems and provide monitoring and
evaluation on an on-going basis, ensuring systems are set up for
- Provides reports to committees, the Board of Directors and the
- Provides staff leadership to assigned committees of the Board
- Implements and oversees a program evaluation system to ensure
consistency with the Y's cause and standards.
- Oversees and accountable for the coordination of all membership
functions, membership/branch growth and quality outcomes of the
Association and Quality Teams.
- Oversees all property development, construction projects and
- Establish and direct an annual plan to address facility
repairs, renovations, upkeep and equipment needs through a
comprehensive Association capital assessment and reinvestment plan.
This involves creating processes and systems to better steward
- Serves as the primary Executive Staff person related to the
- Supports Associations resource development plan working with
the annual campaigns and staff fundraising with emphasis on major
- In collaboration with the HR Director and Finance Director,
coordinate, monitor and update Association program, polices and
- In collaboration with Human Resources, serves as the
Association's Risk Management officer and oversees the Association
- Works closely with the President & CEO and Finance Director to
develop and implement the annual operating budget and capital
- Fulfills the duties of the President & CEO in his absence
and/or any other duties as directed. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have commitment to the mission of the COMPANY and uphold
its values and ethics.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, business, social services
or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- Eight or more years of professional experience in the COMPANY
or another nonprofit preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of operations,
including staff supervision and development, membership practices,
program development and implementation, volunteerism, facility and
property management, financial practices and fundraising.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, draw conclusions and
make strategic plans based on analysis.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the COMPANY and the
respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the community; track record of
building authentic, constructive relationships with others.
- Experience drafting proposals.
- COMPANY Organizational Leader certification preferred.
- Involvement with Y-USA strategic initiatives.
- Multi-branch experience required.
- Minimum 5 million dollar budget responsibility required.
- Bilingual a plus.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Pawtucket , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!