Associate Project Engineer - Transformers
Posted on: November 19, 2022
At Hasbro we're changing the face of play and entertainment.
We're looking for people who want to explore, experiment and
innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community,
passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our
diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly
committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best is yet
to come.The Transformers Engineering team is seeking an Associate
Project Engineer -who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative
environment. - In this role you will lead end-to-end physical
product development for some of the industry's most innovate Toy
products, ensuring adherence to product performance, cost,
reliability, and schedule while managing risk. You will function as
the Engineering lead from initial concept through production start
and manufacturing development. You will interface with diverse
cross-functional teams at our RI headquarters and communicate with
product development partners and vendors in China, Vietnam, and
Japan. As part of the development team, you will be actively
involved in developing and defining all product specifications,
negotiating, and leading product costing, and participating in the
decision-making process throughout the entire product development
lifecycle. A Day in the Life of an Associate Project Engineer:
- Independently manage the overall project and technical
development efforts of multiple products on the Transformers brand,
ensuring performance, quality, cost, and schedule adherence.
- Perform technical feasibility assessment on new product
- Manage the engineering manufacturability (DFM) and function of
new parts and products.
- Collaborate with development team, including Design, Marketing,
Packaging, QA, and various technical support groups.
- Lead communication with internal and external cross-functional
teams, including overseas development counterparts and
manufacturing vendors, on all product engineering related
- Responsible for on-time-delivery of quality products that fully
meet the goals outlined in project brief, developed within an
efficient and sustainable process.
- Estimate product costs, evaluate vendor quotes, recommend
options for cost efficiencies, and drive team to cost decisions
- Evaluate product samples throughout each development stage and
review with the team to quickly turn around comments for
improvement back to our overseas partners and vendors.
- You will be able to anticipate, analyze, resolve, and know when
to raise project issues.
- Actively seek ways to continually improve product development
processes, and design and manufacturing efficiencies while meeting
or exceeding established industry quality standards
- Lead engineering-related meetings (design reviews, product
development meetings, final engineering pilot reviews, etc.). What
you will bring:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 1-3 years of experience working consumer goods industry
- Working knowledge of CAD (Solidworks preferred) to review and
analyze product designs and develop functional prototypes when
- Knowledge of high-volume injection molded manufacturing
techniques and processes.
- Project management and an understanding of the development
timelines including the Stage Gate Development process.
- Understanding of product design principles and ability to make
decisions based on financial indicators.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple ongoing projects
and shifting priorities.
- An open mind and willingness to stretch your engineering skills
and learn from other experienced team members.
- Basic understanding of 3D printing or other rapid prototyping
- Prior experience with Asian vendors a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft 365
- Ability to clearly communicate and/or translate technical
information to a non-technical audience in simple terms.
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence
cross-functional teams in the US and globally.
- Self-motivated with exceptional organization, interpersonal and
- Naturally meticulous and driven to tackle technical challenges
with minimal direction. -Join us and be part of creating the
world's best play experiences!Hasbro's world-class brands and
talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest
in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package.
Your particular benefits package will depend on your position,
location, local legal requirements and years with the company.
Here's a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical,
Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid
Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental
Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching
Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and
more!Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects
of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital
status, or any other legally protected status.#LI-LS
Keywords: Hasbro, Pawtucket , Associate Project Engineer - Transformers, Engineering , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!