Chief Operating Officer
Posted on: November 28, 2019
PeaceLove is a 501(c)(3) non-profit movement promoting mental
wellness by using creativity and expression to inspire, heal, and
communicate. Our programs give people tools to improve their mental
health and create peace of mind. Since 2015 over 70,000 people have
been introduced to this life-changing tool - creativity as a means
of creating peace in their minds and lives. Our dream is to make
PeaceLove accessible to every community. Our dream is to spread
mental health options that are open to everyone. Join us and
together, we can harness the power of creativity and storytelling
to give millions of people the tools to feel better.
PeaceLove is looking for a mission-focused and process-minded
leader with strong values and entrepreneurial spirit. We are
looking for someone with management experience working in the
social venture, non-profit space, to join our team as Chief
Operating Officer. This is a key leadership role, and will help
drive forward the company's vision and values, establish systems
and processes, and help foster the company's culture and grow our
impact. The COO will have the skills, empathy, and experience to
tap into and promote the value and potential that each member of
the team brings to their role and to the organization, and is able
to harness and foster the creativity that drives the PeaceLove
The COO is responsible for enhancing the organizational
infrastructure that will allow PeaceLove to continue to fulfill its
mission. This position will ensure all operational areas are
meeting or exceeding established program goals and metrics. The COO
will be responsible for general management of the operations of the
organization within the full range of business functions and
systems including; compliance & reporting, strategic planning,
budgeting, finance, accounting, insurances, resource & development,
programming oversight, information systems, and human
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead company operations (including technical and business
operations, HR, development, and legal) to meet growth, budget and
other strategic and financial goals.
- Oversee all finance functions, including budgeting/forecasting,
budget reconciliation, and all accounting functions and insurances;
manage the fiscal resources of PeaceLove, prepare budgets and
financial statements, guide financial policies, rules and
regulations, monitor cash flow projections , administer the 401K
plan, oversee the tax exempt status and 990's, handle IRS
compliance issues, assist in the presentation of the annual audit,
maintain adequate insurance coverages, and seek operational and
- Collaborate with the CEO to establish a strategic plan,
mobilize resources and constantly monitor performance.
- Plan and oversee all HR functions, including recruiting,
hiring, compensation, and ongoing development and management of
staff, establishing and directing policies, procedures and
operations in compliance with all relevant laws. Help to scale the
organization internally and externally.
- Extend the PeaceLove brand and audience by maximizing online
and offline awareness. Source and lead partnership opportunities to
test new revenue streams that align with PeaceLove's core
- Oversee legal activities: client contracts, partnership
agreements, leases, grants, and other legal documents.
- Liaise with investors, board members and other key
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years management experience with a nonprofit organization or
social venture (overseeing human resources, finances, fundraising,
strategic planning, business development, and internal organization
- Demonstrated record of skilled, ethical leadership, with an
exceptional capacity for weaving diversity, equity and inclusion
into operations, and in motivating, mentoring, managing and leading
people; a team builder who has experience in leading organizations
through growth and change; ability to connect with staff both on an
individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce
accountability, develop and empower leaders from the bottom up,
lead by example, cultivate innovation, and identify team strengths
and weaknesses to position and support every member toward
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with the CEO and executive team to
accomplish organizational objectives
- Proven ability to manage complex budgets, and set and achieve
fundraising targets in collaboration with development team
- Business acumen and systems mindset, problem solving, project
management, and deployment of technology to connect a highly
collaborative and geographically distributed network of
facilitators in a secure, adaptable and cost efficient manner
- Human resource experience, including a demonstrated ability to
effectively build organization and staff capacity, hiring,
developing and retaining a top-notch workforce and the processes
that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Strong track record of working with corporate, program,
marketing and media partners to accelerate scale and resource
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to work through
issues using creativity and data, and an ability to structure an
issue and analyze alternative solutions
- Experience working at a high level with investors, donors, and
- Previous fundraising and marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, presentation and public
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred Personal
- Passionately believe in PeaceLove's vision and values
- Creative, empathetic, and supportive
- Comfortable with flexing and evolving responsibilities -
willing to "jump in" where needed and lead and participate in
decision-making and action.
- Relationship builder; fosters an atmosphere of discussion and
collaboration between colleagues.
- A resourceful, proactive team player when it comes to working
with cross-functional stakeholders and partners
- Skilled, accountable, and comfortable working independently and
as part of a dynamic team
- Optimistic, high-energy problem solver who is comfortable
working through challenges, growth, and uncertainty
- Ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully and
- Enthusiastic organization builder; energetic and enjoys meeting
the challenges of creating an effective organization
- Committed to diversity and inclusion. Respect for differences
in race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, ability and socio-economic circumstances.
- Desired Start Date: January 2nd, 2020
- Full-time: 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday with some limited
night, weekend, and holiday work when necessary.
- This position requires some national and international travel
with occasional in-state (RI) travel for events, partner meetings,
Compensation and Benefits:PeaceLove is located in the historic Hope
Artiste Village in Pawtucket, RI. We offer quality Health Benefits
including Medical, Dental, and Vision. We offer a flexible work
environment, vacation time, paid holidays, personal time, mental
health and wellness days (aka "peace of mind" days), and much more!
A compensation package will be offered to candidates after review
of their application with a salary range (pending experience and
skills of $90,000-$115,000)
PeaceLove is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse
workplace that values creativity, peace of mind, collaboration, and
teamwork. PeaceLove is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified
applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital
status or veteran status, or any other legally protected
characteristic under applicable federal or state law.
How to Apply:PeaceLove is currently accepting applications. The
application requires a cover letter, resume and video application.
A completed application should be emailed to . Only complete
applications will be considered.
- Cover Letter: Please include your cover letter in the body of
your email submission. The subject of your email should be COO. A
link to your video (see below) should be included in your cover
letter. Please also include a link to your social media including
Instagram,Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.
- Resume: Please attach your resume as a PDF and name it in the
following format: COO_FirstnameLastname.PDF
- Video: Applicant will be required to submit a short video,
approximately 3-4 minutes. The video should be uploaded to either
YouTube or Vimeo and shared with PeaceLove. You may keep your video
private, please make sure the privacy settings allow Jen, , to view
it. The video should answer the following:
- Why do you connect with PeaceLove's mission?
- What gives you peace of mind?
- Briefly describe your experience in leading the operations of
- Share a story that has profoundly impacted your life and tell
- Why do you believe you would be a valuable addition to the
Upon receiving your completed application we will contact you if we
need any additional information.
Keywords: PeaceLove, Pawtucket , Chief Operating Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!