Lead Payroll Administrator
Company: Teknor Apex
Posted on: January 16, 2022
When Alfred Fain founded a small Rhode Island tire store in
1924, at the time no one could have predicted how Teknor Apex would
become an international custom compounder sought out by companies
around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that's
carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine
U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore,
Germany, and China.Throughout this global expansion Teknor has
remained a privately held company, and today Fain's grandson sits
at the helm, maintaining the family's tradition of fostering deep
employee and customer relationships. These relationships are what
allow us-together-to deliver customized compound solutions and help
our customer's create better products."Manufacturing is a team
sport and we work together to achieve our goals." - -Jon Fain,
CEOJoin the team behind our custom compounds.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position is
responsible for the preparation, execution, and maintenance of the
weekly/pension/semi-monthly payrolls. - In addition to ensuring
timely and accurate payment of wages this role requires a solid
understanding of payroll administration and experience with payroll
management systems along with procedural development,
implementation, and oversight.Master Control:
- Process Weekly, Semi-Monthly, and Pension payroll for all U.S.
employees. Review, audit, and manage Kronos timesheets prior to
payrolls, manage outstanding Kronos items as needed, run necessary
reports to ensure appropriate hours are being paid.
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll
- Recommend the development of new policies and procedures to
support the streamlining of Payroll and extract full value of
time-keeping and payroll software.
- Maintain knowledge of current regulatory and reporting
requirements and notify key stakeholders when needed.
- Review and audit the transmission of data between systems and
- Resolve payroll issues, identify and implement new procedures
to mitigate future concerns.
- Prepare reports as needed on payroll data.
- Coordinate with HR and IT teams to manage implementations and
maintenance of Payroll related systems.
- Prepare manual checks when necessary.
- Setup and maintain accounts with federal, state, and local tax
- Servs as a Company payroll representative with outside groups
including auditors, insurance, and tax authorities.
- Acts as backup for other Lead Payroll Administrator
- Assists with audit reconciliations and requests.
- Work within a team environment to accomplish results
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Other Essential Functions:
- Position has no responsibility or authority for the direction
- Position has no budget or revenue responsibilities.
- Position requires a high degree of confidentiality and
trust.Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Solid data entry and time management skills are critical to
- PC skills to include advanced Excel, Word, and relevant payroll
- Strong mathematical skills.
- High level of attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Will interact
with various departments and personnel.
- Position requires 8+ years of payroll experience.
- Vocational or business skills
- Associates Degree or higherPhysical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Ability to perform duties under specific time requirements
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on
Keywords: Teknor Apex, Pawtucket , Lead Payroll Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!